I know many of you are calling with concerns about my family and I and Hurricane Ida. We stay in an RV for our time in Louisiana and took my skiff and family up to Mississippi to wait it out. We have many close friends that stayed. It was a real one with some real damage unfortunately. We are grateful for our situation and to be safe.
My October clients should have no problem if their Air BnB or Hotel did not suffer unfixable damage. I would wait a week and touch base with your booking and can always switch to book one of the hotels list below that is not much further of a drive and can avoid any mess. Again I believe October will be a non-issue but better to stay on top of it.
I have a decent season booked Oct-Dec and ask all of you to please be flexible and creative to fish the marsh this year. Louisiana needs any tourism they can get. This is how I solely support my family and mostly with Redfish and Tarpon Season’s. After Covid cancelations last season the guide community and myself ask that you do whatever you have to do to get out on the water this fall in the Marsh.
The fishing should remain unchanged from the giant hurricane, as it is a natural disaster. Although I did get to fish right before the storm I am here in Mississippi not fishing and praying for the community.
My family, myself and my fellow guides greatly appreciate your continued support to be able to make a living showing clients these beautiful places and chase these wonderful fish!